For garages and industrial spaces, the Schilling Group uses and highly recommends epoxy coatings. While polyaspartic and polyurea coatings can be applied in these situations, we believe epoxy coatings are preferable. However, not all epoxy coatings are created equal. That is why we use industrial-grade materials of the highest quality and spend countless hours testing them on our own floors.
Read on to learn more about what makes our epoxy coatings so desirable for heavy-use applications.
Benefits of Epoxy Coatings in Garages & Industrial Settings
To start, we look for products that fit the following five criteria before recommending them to clients, and we have found our epoxy ticks all of the boxes.
- Adhesion. We use UV-stable 100-percent solids epoxies that offer great adhesion. Polyaspartics and polyureas do not provide nearly the same amount of adhesion.
- Elongation. We look for how well a product expands and contracts. The epoxy we use can expand by up to 40 percent.
- Compression. Compression refers to how well a product can withstand impacts and dents. Our epoxy coatings are extremely impact resistant.
- Tensile Strength. This refers to how well a product can resist abrasions and scratching. Again, our epoxy is extremely scratch resistant.
- Stain Resistance. You guessed it! Epoxy doesn’t stain at all – even under tough testing conditions. Contrarily, polyureas stain easily.
We constantly test different polymers, but epoxy gives us all of these characteristics and more. Furthermore, We do not apply thin, paint-down systems. Our full-flake or quartz epoxy coating systems dry to approximately 1/8” thick. They are both durable and proven.
For more information on epoxy coatings or to request a free quote, contact the Schilling Group today!